Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Learning Oodles

Today was such a great learning day! I saw a class 3 patient who needed to be numbed, was pre-hypertensive, and needed to pre-medicate. All of these things together could make for a long few appointments. I decided before I even got to clinic today that I was just going to take each thing one at a time and get through as much as I possibly could. My goals were to get through 2 quads and to work on my working stroke and applying enough lateral pressure. Easier said than done. We got her numb first thing which was so helpful. We started with Extra/Intra exams and worked our way through probing then we were off to x-rays, vertical bwxs went smoothly (Scanx is so much better than schick for verticals) and OD went fast too. We had instructor Poulsen subbing for Instructor Hafen and she is so awesome! I started scaling with the triple bend ultrasonic. My patient was a trooper. We went to hand scaling to give her a little break and my graceys were my best friends today! On #19 she had a 7mm pocket and radiographic calculus. Karen came over to help me and I was so excited! I got a huge piece that came out from under the crown and i was so happy. I missed only one spot in 2 quads and it was a really good day. I learned that its all about the FUlcrUm and LaTERal pRESsurE! My fingers are tired after today and it is a good feeling!
2 More Clinic Days Till SuMMer!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment