Friday, September 14, 2012

3rd week in

Well, we have already been back in school for 3 weeks.  I feel like these have been the longest 3 weeks of my life, yet at times I feel like they have flown by!  This week was a good week.  Wednesday was good and I got to see a 1B and a class V.  I still haven't seen any class III's so I am getting anxious to find those requirements.  Thursday in clinic I saw a tough class II and learned alot about ultrasonics and how to not use them as a scaler, but to let them do the work.  My patient in the afternoon didn't show, but I was able to find another patient which I was super grateful for.  I am still slow at scaling,  I want to try and speed up my time a bit.  I feel like when I first sit down I feel so overwhelmed and have NO idea where to even start.  My cute pal Erin suggested I try starting on the linguals of the anteriors then finishing the mandibular teeth then moving on to the maxilary, so I am going to try that this next week and I will let you know how it goes.  Today we got to inject raw chicken, next week it will be eachother :)

1 comment:

  1. AHH! anesthesia!! good luck!! haha I am glad we got that class over with! I hate being numb and every Monday after anesthesia lab (in the spring) I would treat myself to orange peel, it made me less depressed about the situation.

    ReplyDelete