Thursday, September 20, 2012

Week numero quatro

Wow, where does the time go?!?! Honestly... SO busy!  I am loving my new chair in clinic, I get to have a window overlooking the west side of Ogden, its so pretty and makes me so happy!  I have had a lot of great experiences this week.  The VA was great and just kind of mellow and today was such a great learning experience.  I had the cutest patient this morning.  hahaha.. he was a 23 year old boy who was the BIGGEST flirt, but so fun to flirt back too.. I was waiting for him to ask me if I was married and I was dreading telling him I was.  He finally asked so uh are you married?  Not like it matters or anything, but are you? :)  yup... I am def. married.  He was fun and reminded me of why I wanted to be a hygienist in the first place.  I saw another patient this morning that came all the way from Park City and is terrified of the Dentist.  We got through an OD and he hopefully will come back to get his teeth cleaned.  I feel bad he comes from so far away so I hope I will be able to finish him completely next time he comes.  My THIRD... yes third patient ( I usually only have 2) for the day was a sweet lady and also so fun to work with.  I have been wanting a tougher patient that has a lot of calculus on the Lower anteriors and she did!  I was excited!  I whipped out the ultrasonic and used my indirect vision to get those teeth cleaned up.  It was hard!!! The calculus was in every nook and cranny, WATER was my best friend.. I scaled, then dried, then scaled, and dried I don't know how many times.  The hard work paid off because I only missed 1 spot and it wasnt even in the LA region!  Yay!! Prof Alexanger taught me how to do an oblique stroke with the SH6/7 on the mesial of the premolars which was so helpful because that is a tough spot.  What a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment