Monday, October 1, 2012

Flu bug=patients cancelling

Thursday morning I got a call from my sweet patient saying she was sick with the flu and couldn't make it to her appointment (which was in 1 hour).  I was STRESSING!  I decided I wasn't going to call anyone till at least after 8am.  I was so lucky because the first person I called said that he would come right up!  Guess who it was?!?! GRANDPA Mike from last semester!  We even got our picture together and I am so sad that I can't post it on here because my battery in my camera was dead, so I took it with my phone, but problem is....I have a phone from the stone ages! Take my word though it was cute! hahaha I love that guy!  We became facebook friends so now we can keep in touch! 

After seeing patients in the morning we had lab in the afternoon.  I learned all sorts of stuff about Blood Glucose/Diabetes, ultrasonics, saliva tests, and gracey's!  Gracey's are my new favorite things, they are amazing!  I got to use a periodontal file at the VA on Wednesday that was pretty cool too.  I also got to experience placing arestin on 2 different patients, it was so fun and so much easier than I thought it would be.  Last week was a great learning week and if I can find a mockboard patient this week will be even better!

No comments:

Post a Comment