Saturday, June 13, 2015

You will live forever in our hearts

Mason has been so darn cute these last few weeks...

I went in to get him up for the day and he was in his crib wide awake, looking up towards the ceiling just smiling and cooing.  I think he was talking to Boston.

He has been a little more fussy lately napping in his crib.  It's like he misses being snuggled up close to his brother.  I will go in and wrap my hands around his head and tummy and that makes him happy.  

Two nights ago, Mason was crying while trying to put him down for the night.  Heath wanted to rock him, so as he was rocking him Mason just couldn't keep his eyes off Daddy.  Without saying a word, Mason would just look up at his Dad and just kept giving him these big smiles over and over again.  It was the cutest thing.

He did the same thing with me last night as I was nursing him.  He just couldn't stop smiling.  These are the moments I want to freeze.

I have been thinking a lot about Boston this week. I miss him so much my heart aches.  I know Mason must too.  I keep thinking about the conversation I had with my 4 1/2 year old niece and how so nonchalantly she says, "April, I think Mason is crying because he misses his brother".

It seems like this week, more so than others Boston is more near.  Or maybe he's always near, this week I have just been recognizing it more.  What I would give to have him here with us.... until the day I get to see him again, he will live forever in my heart.

We love you and miss you everyday Boston!


Boston slideshow

No comments:

Post a Comment