Monday, January 25, 2016

The eve of my babies first birthdays

I have been reminiscing all day about January 25 2015.  I have replayed in my mind the days before the boys were born.  Looking at pictures, remembering the way I felt as Boston and Mason's heartbeats were being monitored, the hours I got to spend listening to those loud thumps.  Sounds that are forever engraved in my mind.  Those weeks before my babies came were literally the calm before the storm.  A storm we could have never been ready for.  A storm that could have the capacity to ruin everything we believe in and stand for.  Those weeks were spent with just Heath and I in a tiny little room, no where to be and nothing to do besides be with each other.  We often talk about how awesome that time was spent with each other and family and friends that would come to hang out with us.  I smile at those memories.  I hated the hospital food so we had so many awesome friends and family members that would come and bring us dinner and hangout.  I remember one day Heath wheeled me down to the cafeteria.  We got lunch and went outside on this little patio area.  I had missed getting to go outside and smell fresh air.  I remember my mind just being so clear and life just seemed so calm and peaceful.  I often think back to this time because things drastically changed two weeks later.  As things got so stressful, sorrow and grief filled my every being it helped to remember those peaceful weeks prior.

The night before I gave birth to my perfect babies I was watching the Miss America or Miss Universe I can't remember exactly which one.  I started having contractions 7 minutes apart.  I didn't realize at the time that's when I was starting to labor.  I didn't think they were "bad enough" to have the medication to stop them so I just dealt with them and then headed to bed not soon after.  I get butterflies thinking of the excitement that awaited me the next day.  That would be the day I would get to see and hold my precious, tiny, 31 (almost 32) week old identical twin boys.  Throughout my pregnancy I was always worried about just getting them here safely.  When anyone would ask, which happened a lot seeing my profession I would always just say as long as I can get them here safely.contractions 7 minutes apart.  I didn't realize at the time that's when I was starting to labor.  I didn't think they were "bad enough" to have the medication to stop them so I just dealt with them and then headed to bed not soon after.  I get butterflies thinking of the excitement that awaited me the next day.  That would be the day I would get to see and hold my precious, tiny, 31 (almost 32) week old identical twin boys.  Throughout my pregnancy I was always worried about just getting them here safely.  When anyone would ask, which happened a lot seeing my profession I would always just say as long as I can get them here safely. I remember being worried the whole pregnancy, but shrugged it off as that just being "normal".  Tonight I am just going to remember these nights spent at the hospital just the four of us.

I am looking forward to spending the day tomorrow with Heath and Mason and feeling our angel, Boston near. I love my little family more than words and am excited to celebrate and honor each of my boys's lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment