Sunday, February 28, 2016

Boston's Month

It is hard to believe that February is almost over.  It has been some of the darkest days of my life.  Something about reliving those terrible days that struck our family and knowing it was exactly 1 year ago was so hard.  I found myself on so many of those days replaying in my mind what had happened hour by hour.  But, no matter how long the winter... spring is sure to follow.

There are many rays of sunshine that have brighten my life this month that I want to share.  I know Boston has been watching over his mommy this month and has been helping me so much.

February, I decided I wanted to dedicate to Boston.  I wanted to share acts of service to others in his memory.  I came up with a list of random acts and went to work.  I posted my idea on Instagram so others could have the opportunity to serve for Boston and more importantly so I would be able to see what others did.  I had such an out pour of love and support!

-My sister in law and good friend shoveled neighbors driveways/sidewalks
-My friend Cami went to the cemetery and de iced Boston's headstone which was covered in thick ice
-My friend Erin and her family took roses to the seniors who live in a nursing home for Valentines day.
-Another friend served in the temple in Boston's memory.
-My activity day girls all joined in and loved sharing their service for Boston stories.

It was so great hearing everyones acts of service.

We started out the month by serving dinner at the RMH in SLC.  What a joy that was being able to serve families (just like us last year) who are in such a stressful time of having their child/children hospitalized.  It brought back so many memories being there and at times Heath and I just stood and stared.  When we drove home that night, my heart was so happy.  I never want to forget the feeling I had driving away that night.  I know Boston was there smiling down on us and so happy that we did that.

We made another trip down to SLC on Boston's day. (February 7)  We decided to take a gift to the parents of the baby in bedspace 39 which was Mason's bedspace while he was in the NICU at Primary Children's.  We included a letter that shared Boston's story, a warm fuzzy blanket, a gift card to a near  by restaurant, a note book, thank you cards and a few other items that are nice to have when you are away from home.  It was hard driving down that very day and once we pulled into the parking garage Heath and I both wondered if this was a good idea.  Walking into the lobby was really bittersweet, but getting up to the fourth floor was even harder.  That hall.  That waiting room.  Those doors.  The smell.  They all hit me like a thousand bricks.  I was able to leave the gift for the parents and leave.  One of my favorite memories of that day is going down and doing that.

I have had many great chats/visits with the great women in my life.  I am so blessed to be surrounded by so many great friends and family members.  I was at the cemetery a week or so ago and was approached by a mom who had lost her daughter whom I had known in a car accident six years ago.  She came over and talked with me and gave me such great advice and such great hope.  It meant so much to me that she would reach out to me and tell me how she was dealing with the grief and loss of her daughter.

I have felt much peace through this month of much darkness and sorrow.  I know that I will be able to rise above the darkness and pain because I know that I will see Boston again.  I know that because of the knowledge I have of the plan of salvation and the gift that was given so that I will be able to live forever with my family.




No comments:

Post a Comment