Monday, August 1, 2016

28 weeks (ALMOST)

How many weeks: 27 + 5 days (ALMOST SEVEN MONTHS!)


 how big is baby: size of a cucumber 15 inches - 2.2lbs

Weight gain: 15 or so :)

sleep: Pretty good, starting to get more and more uncomfortable.  My back has been hurting at night and I just hate that feeling of having a hard time moving even laying down in bed.

cravings: Licorice.  Raisin Bran cereal- so random.  Not liking meat, yogurt, bread is even hard to eat sometimes.

Feeling: Good.  Tired.  Hot.  But good.  Mason has been having such a hard time sleeping as of late.  He recently fell flat on his nose on the pavement while pushing his lawnmower that blows bubbles.  It was a bad fall and to make matters worse, he had another little incident yesterday while visiting Heath's parents.  He was playing with cousins and escaped through the front door without us noticing and fell down 4 cement stairs.  He has a huge goose egg on the right side of his temple and it's still black and blue.  I hate when my little boy gets hurt.  It's the worst thing watching your children in pain and not being able to do anything for them.  On top of all of that he has a cold and I have been reading about sleep regression around 18 months, so who knows what's going on.  Last night I got up with him twice, rocked him and he fell asleep in my arms, but woke up when I put him back in bed, so Heath went in and rocked him and ended up sleeping in the recliner with him.  Mason kept saying Momma? In between sobs.  It's so sad, but heaven help me that he starts sleeping better. 

gender: All things PINK!

best moment of the week:  Oh man, we have had a lot of fun this last week with Heath being home the entire week!  It was a busy week full of ups and downs.  We went to the Uintahs last weekend and stayed at Heaths grandparents cabin.  My brothers and their families came and we even talked my mom into coming with us too.  We had so much fun spending time together away from all the distractions.  The days went by so slow and it was just so great.  We kayaked, fished, Mason couldn't get enough of the BOOM BOOMS (4 wheelers) and would cry every time we stopped or pulled him off.  I loved the cooler temps up there, having time to be alone with all my thoughts, fires, and being with my family.

-seeing Trisha and Kelsie

-mini golfing for our date night this week- THREE hole in ones for me!! WOO WOO

- We completed our two week swim lesson class with Mason.  It was so much fun and I really enjoyed playing with him in the water and watching him learn new things.  He went down the little slide, jumped off the side of the pool, went completely under water and it was such a fun two weeks!

- the nursery is coming along.... Slowly but surely.  I think we have a name, well we are closer to pick out her name anyways, it's between 2 now so that's good right?

Worst moments of the week: 
-My dad passed away last week on Thursday, his funeral was on Tuesday and it was a really emotionally hard day/week.  Everyone who knows me knows that I didn't really ever have a "Dad".  That being said though, his passing still brought on a lot of emotions.  We attended the viewing the night before and then the funeral the next morning.  My brother Justin spoke and did such a good job.  He said that my dad would be proud of us kids and he just did so good in such a hard situation.  I am sad that he died and that he suffered the last few weeks of his life.  I am proud that we are not ruined by his choices and actions and that the abuse, pain and fear ended with him.  It was a day of closure and honestly a day that my heart was softened.  My sister got to come and it was a busy few days with family, but oh so fun.


Looking forward to:

- Massage tomorrow.

-Dr appt Friday- big glucose test.

-Planning Heaths big 30 birthday party! 

Random Thoughts: 

-trying to complete my to do lists in prep for baby, 

-how do my kitchen floors get so dirty?

-wishing there were more hours in the day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment