Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Brigham City Temple Groundbreaking

Saturday July 31st was such an amazing day. This was the day that the ground would be started for the building of the Brigham City Temple! My morning started super early. (The night before was the Lady Antebellum and Tim Mcgraw concert) We didnt get to bed till after 1am, and I had to wake up at 6am Saturday to make it to Brigham by 730am. It was more than worth it though. It was the most beautiful morning. I just remember how pretty and peaceful it seemed. My cute friend Erin that I use to work with at Dr. Wahlen's office let me tag a log with her and her family to the groundbreaking. We were so suprised that there weren't more people there. We brought along camp chairs and just sat as close as we could. We got to hear Russel M. Nelson speak, as well has President Boyd K. Packer and his sweet wife. They talked about ways we can start preparing for the temple here in Brigham City by talking with our families about temples, making sure they know how important it is to be sealed as a family for time and all eternity and how we should make it a bigger priority in attending the temple. When I think about having a temple right there in the heart of my hometown I get so excited. I loved when they said the temple will be surrounded by fruit trees (how fitting for the famous "fruit town")What an amazing blessing it will be to those that live in our community and other surrounding cities. The Brigham City Temple will be a replica of the Salt Lake, Logan, and Manti temples. It is supposed to be finished in the fall of 2012. I cannot wait. How grateful I am for temples. The Brigham City Temple
Where the apostles sat




Cute little Lauren and I



Russel M. Nelson

No comments:

Post a Comment