Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Asking the "hard" questions

This blog is all about reflecting and talking about things that are in my heart.  That being said, the things I write won't always be happy things.  Life is all about the journey which encompasses hard things.  I have been reading this book called, "Finding Strength Through Adversity" and I wanted to share something I read today:

Celestial character development begins with finding true answers through sincere, soul searching questions.  Yet, while we may find many answers in the gospel, those answers may not impact the soul profoundly or permanently until our own experiences impel us to ask the hard questions in life. Those who have arrived at gospel answers to life's difficult dilemmas merely by study may not come to that higher level of understanding that comes only to those who "study" in the school of suffering and sorrow.  In this unique educational experience, the questions become more important than mere answers, the feelings more instructive than simple facts.

I have had to ask the hard questions.  Not by choice.  I have felt peace amidst all of the things I can't and don't yet understand.  I feel myself wanting to go to peaceful places, so I can be alone with my thoughts.  (There is a lot of the them).  Bike rides to the middle of nowhere Brigham City USA are my favorite, along with the Ogden riverwalk trail.

Yesterday I took Mason out to station park with my good friend Jenny and her little boy.  It was so good to get out.  Heath went back to work this week, but we had such a good week spending time outside. We just recently took up Pickle ball and its so much fun!  We took Mason up to Heath's parents for the first time Sunday.  It was fun to see how excited his little cousins were to meet him.  Mason slept through the WHOLE night last night!!  Happy 3 month present to us!  He continues to fill our home with such happiness and joy!  

Pictures to come.....

2 comments:

  1. https://www.lds.org/church/news/students-encouraged-to-lean-not-to-thine-own-understanding?lang=eng

    ReplyDelete
  2. April, I just watched this devotional yesterday morning on BYU tv. It totally adds to what you are saying here. Life experiences cause us to question and act and to search for meaning. Check it out! It's so good and really helped me gain a deeper understanding of the scripture and quote.

    ReplyDelete