Friday, May 1, 2015

Some call it fate

In November last year I purchased a car seat off of KSL.  Expecting two babies was going to be expensive so I was trying to spend money wisely and be frugal in making the purchases that we needed before the babies arrival.  After I bought 1 carseat I received a call from my fellow hygiene friend Ashley saying that she needed my help because she was trying to be a secret elf and it just wasn't working.  I asked her who she was wanting to help and her reply was not what I was expecting to hear.  She said, YOU! She continued to say that she, her parents, and one of our other hygiene friends wanted to get carseats for us.  I started tearing up and told she didn't need to do that and that it was way too much, she said her mom was a twin and she knew how much stress and money go into preparing for two.  I was so touched by their generosity.

I now had a carseat that I no longer needed, back on KSL it went.  A soon to be momma started texting me about the carseat.  We text back and forth and I was shocked when she told me she was expecting twins and even more so when she told me she was expecting boys just a month after my original due date to deliver my twin boys was.  This was no coincidence.  I worked in the city that she lived in and we arranged a time the next day that she could come take a look at it.  As soon as I met her I felt like I had known her for years.  We chatted about how excited we were to be moms.  I remember her being really worried about getting her boys here and I reassured her she was doing a great job and everything would be great.  Her boys were fraternal twins and as we talked back and forth I remember thinking how lucky she was because I knew that her carrying fraternal twins versus me carrying identical that her pregnancy was already a lot different than mine.  NO high risk doctors, no weekly appointments, no risks of TTTS, she was "lucky" in my eyes.

Time passes quickly and we keep in touch by facebook and texting.  I delivered my boys at 31 weeks and 5 days on January 26 and when I posted pictures it made her so excited anticipating the arrival of her babies.  She came and supported us at Boston's funeral and I had been anxiously awaiting the arrival of her boys.  She delivered her sweet boys April 14.  They were healthy and needed NO time in the NICU.  When I saw her picture of their first family photo I thought that's how its supposed to be.  A new mom. A new Dad. Two healthy babies wrapped up like burritos in mommy's arms.  Well, I got to meet those boys yesterday!  I was headed up to Logan, but noticed my tire looked a little low.  I spent two hours getting my tire "fixed" and  wasn't going to make it up to see her.  I was so sad.  I called her and she decided to come to my house and I was so happy.  It was so good to see her and It felt so good to hold two babies at once again.  It was comforting.  I feel a bond to her babies.  Finn is the oldest twin, but smallest, (Just like my Boston) he also has a red mark in his eye that Boston had also.  Coincidence?  Not sure, but I sure love that little Finn.  We are excited to have park dates when our boys get bigger.  Thanks for letting me cuddle those sweet babies!



1 comment:

  1. That's so crazy!! Those relationships are the key to happiness! Someone that can relate even in the slightest way. And can help you through life!!

    ReplyDelete