Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Mother's Day

Some people dread this day every year.  Others look forward to this one day a year that we celebrate the "MOMS" in our lives.  Up until this point in my life it has always been Father's day that I utterly hate.  Growing up without a Dad will do that to you.  Now that day is dedicated and celebrated for my sweet husband and father of my boys.  That being said, it is still a hard day for me.

This Mother's day was bittersweet as one could imagine it would be.  A tug a war of emotions which this whole situation has been since we lost sweet baby Boston.  My husband says it best in a poem he wrote which I will share on this blog at some point.  This day marked the first Mother's day that I experienced as a mom and the first Mother's day that I experienced as a mom that has lost a child.  Two extremes.  I couldn't help but crying as I got Mason out of his crib that morning and feeling so grateful for him. I was overwhelmed with gratitude.  As the day continued I felt such great joy to be a Mom.  To be Mason's mom.  To be Boston's mom.  With that gratitude comes deep sadness. Even though my arms are full, I'm longing to hold my other baby.  On Sunday while visiting the cemetery, I came to the difficult realization that most holidays will end here visiting Boston and telling Mason stories about his older brother.  Here are some pictures from my first Mother's day as a Mother......



                                              A few of the amazing women in my life








Last but not least, to these darling boys that made me a mom. 
(the last time I held Bos and Mase together.) 

Happy Mother's day to all you incredible moms out there!

XOXOXOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment