Monday, May 4, 2015

A few "firsts"


This weekend was kind of a big deal in our household.  I took my little man "out" not only once, but TWO times!!  We have been keeping to ourselves since we brought him home the end of February just to be on the safe side.  Daddy was working this weekend and Saturday we needed groceries.  We actually ventured out to the grocery store if you can believe it.  It was a lot of work and I stressed way more than I needed too because he did great and slept the whole time.   I just got my Solly wrap, strapped him in, and a shopping we went.  I still haven't figured out how to go places and be gone for an extended period of time... hopefully that will come soon... we have a little annual family trip later this month so hopefully by then we will have it down.

 It was Mason's first day at church yesterday.  We headed to a baby blessing.  Since Daddy couldn't come with us, I had to document and take a lot of pictures.  During Sacrament I took you out of your carseat and just snuggled you while you slept.  I had a hard time paying attention to anything but you.  I couldn't stop staring at your perfect little face.  I can't believe you are mine.  I am the luckiest.  I have often heard twin mommies with an angel baby in heaven say the survivor twin is so special and a big blessing to their families.  Mason is no different.  He is unlike any other baby.  There is something so calming about him.  He is so good natured, doesn't cry or fuss and is very easy going.  My family would joke when we first brought him home saying they wondered if he was okay because he never cried.  I just say he was happy to get out of the hospital.  He had been through so much his first month of life, and now he didn't have anything to cry about.  That changed the day momma was cutting his finger nails and accidentally got the pad of his little finger though.... :(





Yesterday I received the neatest gift from my brother Mark and his wife.  It was so perfect and I cannot keep looking at ti.  My sister in law told me it had been in the works since she first saw this picture and before Boston even got sick.  It's so perfect.  This was one of the first times I Held Boston and Mason together.


. 



This is the drawing of that same picture they had done.


It's so perfect. 

No comments:

Post a Comment