Monday, September 19, 2011

Intra Oral Examinations


Today in clinic we learned how to do intra-oral exams. Intra: meaning INSIDE the mouth for all of you bloggers who have no idea what that means. :) It was fun if you like sticking your fingers in people's mouths and filling all around.. which I'd admit I LIKE.
It was neat learning about all of these structures that we all have in our mouths that I never knew were there. Example:
Fordyce's spots, ever heard of em?
Don't worry, me neither untill today. I personally do NOT have them, but my bestest pod partner Jacque did have them. They are little spots inside your cheek just inside the corners of your mouth. Check and see if you have them. They aren't bad, just something new to learn. :)
So far I am LOVING every minute of school! Here are some pics.... ENJOY!

1 comment:

  1. It is a good thing you like to stick your fingers in peoples mouth, because that is one thing I sure hate doing! The mouth is a scary place to me!!!!! There is something about saliva that just doesn't sit right with me!! CUTE pics!!

    ReplyDelete