Thursday, September 8, 2011

MeeT ViOlet




Labor day weekend was so much fun! I mean how could driving for 12 hours in two days with the Lewis family not be the best trip ever?
And our destination?... Yep, the prettiest place in the West
WYOMING!
We went to celebrate Heath's great-grandma, Violet's 99th Birthday. The drive usually would've made me SO car sick, but I got all doped up on motion sickness pills which are my new best friends. The way there I sat in front of the Yukon as Heath drove and just studied and read my little heart out. It was perfect. We left bright n early Saturday morning and arrived around 1. We had our taste of real Wyoming food at the Sundowner diner (YucK!) and did you know ppl can still smoke at places like that outside of Utah? Heath and I snuck out and went to Taco Bell for Chalupas instead. :) Sunday we went to see Grandma Violet and attended her Birthday party. It was alot of fun. She is the cutest little lady, and she LOVED having Heath close to her. She kept kissing him and hugging him. It was precious. Violet has kind of a hard time remembering ppl so before she realized who Heath was she said," I wished I would've danced with you a long time ago. He had so much fun seeing his grandma. She danced with her son, Heath's grandpa Max and Heath got so choked up. It was so sweet seeing Heath get so emotional and I just realized how AMAZING my husband is. Honestly, I have never met someone so caring, so tender hearted, so handsome in my entire life. I love this picture of him and Violet. Anyway, I am so glad we got to hangout with the Lewis families for Labor Day. Now, for this weekend.....
PEACH DAYS
and
my sister Jill is coming to spend the weekend with us so i'm really excited!
Weekend be here already please?

2 comments:

  1. You guys are so cute and I can't express enough how much I miss hanging out with you! Anytime we wanted we could just hang out for the night. Oh, how I miss those days!! Love you guys and I'm glad everything is going so good!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay I am in love with Violet, she is the cutest! Kevin's Grandma was 102 when she died, and she was cute like Violet. You should totally name one of your girls Violet Apes! Cute picture!

    ReplyDelete