Monday, September 12, 2011

Vitals.. Nurse April to the rescue

Did you know that I have my very own purple blood pressure cuff aka a sphygmomanometer?
Pretty cool huh?! :)
It's dang cute and we even learned how to use it today. You may ask why we learn about vitals when we are studying dental hygiene, but we do vitals ( BP, pulse, and respirations) at the beginning of every appointment to make sure that our patient is healthy and that we are able to treat them without risking their health. I have only worked at 1 office in 6 years that actually practiced this. It was at Logan Dental where it was my job as the hygiene assistant to take the BP. It was easier though because we just had one of those cuffs that you place on the wrist and it takes the blood pressure for you.
I think it is a great idea to take vitals, I think that its something that I would promote when I get out of school.... someday soon! :)
Today was a good day, following a good weekend with my sis!

No comments:

Post a Comment