Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Shoot for the SkY

I reached my goal on Monday at clinic! I had just 3 goals in mind for the day:
1. Finish 4 quads=the whole mouth of a Class 2
2. Pass off the exploring #2 (class 2 or class 3) PE
3. Pass off the anterior scaling #2 PE
It felt so good to not only set a goal before clinic started, but to actually accomplish the goal! I didn't do as great as I had hoped with the scaling, I missed 4 spots on the lingual of the lower anteriors. My patients teeth were pretty malposed which made it extremely hard! The calculus on this particular patient was so tenacious! I used the ultrasonic a little bit at the first, but I was a little timid using it. I'm not totally comfortable with it just yet. On tooth # 15 which is located on the UL right by the parotid gland had so much calculus that took forever to get off and I couldn't even get it all! It was stubborn stuff!! It was a good learning experience though and I will hopefully do better next time.
Valentine's was so much fun. Heath had night class and didnt come home till a little after 8. I had a big dinner all ready and he brought home flowers and chocolate, the best V-day gift ever! We watched a chick flick and ate chocolate cake for dessert. We are going away this weekend to go snowmobiling which we are SO excited about!

No comments:

Post a Comment